The qualification criteria for the 2014 World Championship will be as follows;
|A||Defending Champion(s) [David Causier / Peter Gilchrist]|
|B||Oceania Champion [Matthew Bolton]|
|C||Asian Champion [Sourav Kothari]|
|D||Ladies World Champion [Emma Bonney]|
|E||All previous World Billiards Champions (WPBSA / IBSF / WBL)|
|F||4 Nominations from each NGB + 1 Junior + 1 Lady Player (Host NGB gets 8 Nominations +1 +1)|
|G||16 players from the final 2013/14 WBL Order of Merit|
|H||A minimum of 4 Qualifiers from a 1 day Qualification Tournament|
- Spots are generally awarded in chronological order, ie the order in which they are won. This is done in case a player wins multiple spots. For example, if the same player had won the World Championship and then the Asian Championship that player would get the World Champion spot (as this was won first) and the Asian spot would go to the runner up in the Asian Championship.
- The 16 players from the WBL Order of Merit (G) will be players who have not already qualified from A-F (see below).
- The number of players taken from the Qualification Tournament will depend on the number required to make all groups in the main events equal, however a minimum of 4 players will qualify.
- The Qualification Tournament will be open to all players who feature on the 2013/14 WBL Order of Merit and any players who are members of, and supported by an NGB.
- Defending champions will be seeded number 1 in each competition, subsequent seeding will be based on the WBL Ranking List as at 31st August 2014.
WBL Top 16
Below is a guide list of who will be nominated as part of the WBL allocation of 16 players. Where the qualification route is already known it is stated next to the player. Where it is not yet known it is listed as ‘WBL #’. Should any of these 16 players subsequently be nominated by their country as part of the NGB allocation, or decline their invitation, we will go down the list accordingly.
Players in BOLD below have either already entered, or indicated they will be entering.
|1||England||David Causier||World Champion|
|2||Singapore||Peter Gilchrist||World Champion|
|3||England||Robert Hall||WBL 1|
|4||Australia||Matthew Bolton||Oceania Champion|
|5||England||Phil Mumford||NGB [England]|
|6||India||Alok Kumar||WBL 2|
|7||England||Chris Taylor||NGB [England]|
|9||India||Dhruv Sitwala||WBL 3|
|10||India||Rupesh Shah||Ex World Champion|
|11||India||Ashok Shandilya||Ex World Champion|
|12||India||Devendra Joshi||WBL 4|
|13||England||Phil Davis||WBL 5|
|14||England||Ian Williamson||WBL 6|
|15||India||Balachandra Bhaskar||WBL 7|
|16||England||Jamie Barker||WBL 8|
|17||India||Sourav Kothari||Asian Champion|
|18||England||Nalin Patel||WBL 9|
|21||India||Siddharth Parikh||WBL 10|
|22||India||Dhvaj Haria||WBL 11|
|23||England||Arthur Winn||WBL 12|
|24||England||Jonathan Marwood||WBL 13|
|25||India||Arun Agrawal||WBL 14|
|26||Rep. of Ireland||Wayne Doyle||NGB [Ireland]|
|28||England||Steve Brookshaw||WBL 15|
|29||France||Akhilesh Mohan||NGB [France]|
|30||England||Eddie Fielding||WBL 16|
|31||India||Subramanian Venkateswaran||NGB [India]|
|32||Australia||Neil Bolton||NGB [Australia]|
|33||Austria||Carl Walter Steiner||NGB [Austria]|
|34||India||Raj Kumar||NGB [India]|
|35||India||Aditya Agrawal||NGB [India]|
|38||Vietnam||Long Nguyen Thanh|
|39||Vietnam||Binh Nguyen Thanh|
|40||India||Jaiveer Dhingra||NGB [India]|
|42||Rep. of Ireland||Aidan Murray||NGB [Ireland]|
|44||New Zealand||Terence Wayne Carey|
|46||Vietnam||Kien Nguyen Trung|
|47||Vietnam||Nam Pham Hoai|